It looks like you’re interested in taking your outdoor adventures to a next, warmer level by getting to know the Zippo 12-Hour Hand Warmer. Below you fill find a step-by-step guide on how to fill your Zippo Hand Warmer. When you’re outdoors, you’re focused. Whether you are hunting, fishing, camping, or simply enjoying ice time with your buds, you don’t want distractions like cold hands. Zippo’s® new and improved filling process for the 6 and 12-Hour Hand Warmers keeps you in the game! Fill the cup. Light the burner. Done! Up to 12 hours of heat for your hands and fingers. Now get back out there.
How to Fill Your Zippo Hand Warmer
- Make sure Hand Warmer is cool to touch. Remove Hand Warmer lid, then remove the catalytic burner unit from base until by holding it lengthwise (upright with Zippo logo). Burner unit may have a tight fit.
- Pour Zippo Lighter Fluid into the appropriate 6 or 12 hour plastic filling cup provided in the package. Do not spill.
- For 6-Hour Hand Warmers: Fill to line for about 6 hours of heat.
- For 12-Hour Hand Warmers: Fill to line for about 12 hours of heat.
- Do not fill cup above the line.
- Slowly and carefully pour contents of filling cup into the filling hole on the Hand Warmer body, while maintaining the Hand Warmer in an upright position. Do not overfill. Overfilling will cause malfunction, risk of injury and fire.
- Keep the Hand Warmer upright and carefully replace the catalytic burner unit, making sure it is fully seated.
- Carefully wipe off any excess fuel from the Hand Warmer surfaces and allow excess fuel to evaporate before igniting.
- Be sure fuel can is closed and there is no spilled fuel in the vicinity before igniting. Fuel is flammable.
- Allow Hand Warmer to rest in the upright position for at least two minutes before igniting to allow fuel to be fully distributed in the absorbent material and become available to the catalytic burner.
- Do not lay Hand Warmer down after filling and before ignition. If laid down, liquid fuel can get into the catalytic burner, which may cause a flame to occur upon ignition. If a visible flame develops, it must be put out. Usually, any flame can be easily blown out but use extreme care and caution. If necessary, place Hand Warmer on fire proof surface and allow the flame to burn out or be extinguished in a safe manner.
Zippo 12-Hour Hand Warmer
- Includes Easy Fill Technology
- Improved Fill Cup Helps Reduce Spills
- Perfect For All Cold Weather Activities
- New Smaller Size Fits Into Even More Pockets
- Flameless Gentle Warmth
- Rugged & Durable Metal Construction
- Lighter Fluid Refillable – Environmentally Friendly & Reusable
- Customization available
- Also available in a 6-hour size
Zippo Hand Warmer Specs
Height: 5.3″ (13.462cm)
Width: 2″ (5.08cm)
Depth: .4″ (1.016cm)
Weight: .01lbs (.004 Kg)